What to wear in India

Wednesday 21 December 2016

When travelling the world, I believe that acknowledging different societal norms and values and how this might affect what you wear is absolutely essential. Not only is it good to be respectful, it will also benefit yourself by avoiding stares and unwanted attention.

Generally speaking, cleavage, short shorts & yoga leggings are no-goes in most parts of India. Covering your legs and in some cases your shoulders/arms is what most travellers strive for. However, dressing a certain way can be quite challening and often leads to you having to sacrifice style for pyjama-like travel pants (all been there) and baggy t-shirts...

As my trip to India/Sri Lanka approaches, I have slowly been gathering some inspiration for potential outfits. I know it can be really tough to meet certain dress standards as well as looking "good" so I thought I would share some of my inspiration I have found through my favourite blogs/Pinterest! 

All photos have been credited. 

Photo credit: General Store


Photo credit: Freepeople


Photo credit: Chronicles of Her

Sailor pants, loose fit shirts & sensible sandals.
Ideas for day excursions to temples & market trawling...




Photo credit: wolfcubchronicles.com

Relaxed days - long feminine dresses & thick strappy sandals.



Photo credit: Sandra Semburg

Bond girl moments in loose fitting retro tea dresses. 


Photo credit: Lucy Williams

Photo credit: Freepeople

Classic Traveller.
Wide-leg hippie playsuit (T shirt underneath to cover shoulders & décolleté).


Photo Credit: Freepeople

Cooler evenings & hostel chilling.

Much love,

xxx


Post a Comment

Follow me on Instagram!

© Sun Meets Moon. Design by FCD.